What I’m doing in 2014
January 15, 2014
My plan for 2014 includes:
- Writing 300,000 words of new fiction
- Continue my streak of over 365 days of new writing
- Editing over 400,000 words of fiction
- Publishing the Kagent trilogy
- Submitting short stories to some sci-fi publications
Can I write, edit, and publish three books a year? That is the challenge. This year will be a little easy because I should have one book published fairly shortly.
Note the addition of tracking my editing as well. Tracking new fiction is nice, but now that I have a production schedule, I am tracking words edited, because words written are not words publishable. Quantifying the editing will make me stick to the production schedule.
I should probably have some goals about studying craft, reading, learning business, etc. There’s a point at which this can get out of hand. <cough>
Going to cons? I don’t think so. Free time will be minimal for things like that. And movies, books, Legos and video games. Priorities, people.