Why send a newsletter? Is this just a desperate grab for my email address?
Not at all. I want to develop a relationship with my readers and give them something that provides as much use to them as it does to me.
What will it be called?
You thought I would say ‘the newsletter’ but that’s kind of lame. It’s called Scoop, after the fictional journalism platform in Crashpoint. Part of the reason is because I’m using MailChimp, and I want to use one of their templates.
How often will you send it?
I’ll start with once a quarter (4 per year), unless there’s time-sensitive news (new release, etc.) that requires something more than that. It won’t ever be something you see and think “oh, this again?”
What will be in it?
- News about my books, stories, and other publishing
- Savings for subscribers (free stuff, reduced prices, and other treasure)
- Behind the scenes looks at works in progress
- Recommendations (if you like X that I did, you’ll like Y)
- Writing project progress (word counts, milestones, etc.)